TR3A in Argentina

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3A in Argentina
From: Fernando Sánchez Zinny <fsz@redsa.com.ar>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 11:14:58 -0300
Dear list
1) As some of you might remember, I had an oil pressure problem in my TR3A.
3.5Kg cold / 2Kg hot. Spoke with the list, received lots of interesting
comments and recomendations. I carefully read  the Vizard stuff for oil
presuure improving. I then ordered a new oil pump complete from Moss USA. It
arrived  (Made in England). Clearences were  very good and with a little of
work we managed to get 0.02.
We regulate the relief valve and now I have 5.5 kilos when cold (is that too
much?), 5K at 2000 and 4.5 when hot and idling (with new oil , Castrol
Magnatec 10/40 and filter) .
So first of all, I would like to thank everybody in the list who answered
for your great help and support.

2) Regarding tires. Would a set of 185 SR 15 be too big for the car? Now I'm
using 165 SR 15 Michelin and I could not find 175 15 around.

3) Last. A couple of weeks ago I posted an enquiry regarding the standard
height of the TR3A (measured by the clearence between the upper part of the
tire and the upper part of the fender's arc, on the front of the car). I
have the feeling that my car is a little "low", and need to correct it with
new coils. Any suggestions of where to refer myself?

Again thanks a lot for your help.
Cheers
Fernando
TR3 A 1960