Scotland's TR's

To: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Scotland's TR's
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 10:12:37 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "John Macartney"
>A WHAT tasting tent?
Nurse, my Corrin Single Malt!
Please, Mr. Massey - and in earnest supplication, the national drink
of Scotland on which so much of the world places such value is whisky.
The absence of the letter 'e' is critical here and is the only way
(apart from taste and bouquet) to distinguish the real thing from the
lesser (so-called) imitations of nearby Ireland and the more distant
tipple originating in ...... er, is it somewere called Kentucky?
And for the record, to truly savour the magical properties of genuine
Scottish Whisky, avoid mixing it with things called ice cubes. Such an
initiative totally prostitutes the most noble of elixirs and can lead
to eternal damnation. By all means, a little Spring Water with a hint
of peat in its colour perhaps - or better still, straight from the
bottle. Two to three fingers in a pleasing crystal tumbler will
greatly enhance the enjoyment of other spectator activities.
Good heavens, this has been such a shock so early in the day (and in
the week), I think I'd better have one now to restore my equilibrium.

Jonmac
<

Way back when I was in the eighth grade I took a battery of tests that was
supposed to evaluate my aptitude for things like math, science, grammar ...
and ...spelling.  I was ranked in the 57th percentile in spelling.  My
creative writing teacher was SHOCKED that I scored that highly.  Needless
to say that my spelling is not to be relied upon (I have thus far looked up
two words in the dictionary (make that three, I just looked up dictionary)
in writing this post).

My most abject apoligies to anyone offended by my use of whiskey where I
should have used whisky (heck, I was rather proud of myself for including
the "h" in whiskey - I almost sent it out as wiskey).

I am by no means a connoisseur (make that four words) but as for my
preferences, I will always, when given the choice, choose single malt.
Neet, of course.  And I am not adverse to Irish whiskey.  And, no offence
to my friends from Kentucky, but...

Oh, and Junipers make great lawn plantings.

Cheers

Dave Massey (Clan Matheson)
St. Louis, MO USA