Scotland's TR's

To: <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Scotland's TR's
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 13:05:23 +0100
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Dave Massey wrote:
You can show your car and see big burly guys
in kilts tossing telephone poles, young lasses dancing Highland style,
sheep dogs herding sheep, bag pipers piping, celting musicians,
Scottish merchandise and a whiskey tasting tent.

A WHAT tasting tent?
Nurse, my Corrin Single Malt!
Please, Mr. Massey - and in earnest supplication, the national drink
of Scotland on which so much of the world places such value is whisky.
The absence of the letter 'e' is critical here and is the only way
(apart from taste and bouquet) to distinguish the real thing from the
lesser (so-called) imitations of nearby Ireland and the more distant
tipple originating in ...... er, is it somewere called Kentucky?
And for the record, to truly savour the magical properties of genuine
Scottish Whisky, avoid mixing it with things called ice cubes. Such an
initiative totally prostitutes the most noble of elixirs and can lead
to eternal damnation. By all means, a little Spring Water with a hint
of peat in its colour perhaps - or better still, straight from the
bottle. Two to three fingers in a pleasing crystal tumbler will
greatly enhance the enjoyment of other spectator activities.
Good heavens, this has been such a shock so early in the day (and in
the week), I think I'd better have one now to restore my equilibrium.

Jonmac