RE: TR-6 Angle Drive

To: "Dixie" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>, "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR-6 Angle Drive
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 14:00:24 -0700
> The angle drive I have for a TR4A has a female thread to attach
> to the gear
> box. However as I have acquired a later J type gearbox the connection is a
> clamp/fork type. Is the tailshaft correct for the J type?

Adrian, I believe this means you are missing a piece.  The clamp holds a
gear housing/bushing in place, the angle drive screws onto the housing.  P/N
146542, TRF carries it in the US, most likely Rimmers et al would have it in
the UK.

With the housing gone, the gear will fall out, make sure you have it, too.
There are different gears for different applications, I've no idea which one
(if any) would match a TR4A speedo head.

Randall