Re: TR-6 Angle Drive

To: Patrick Bitton <pbitton@axess.com>, Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR-6 Angle Drive
From: "Theodore R. Stevens" <trstevens@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:59:50 -0400
At 11:57 PM 8/27/02, Patrick Bitton wrote:
 >Sorry to bomb the list but I am installing a J-Type OD and apperantly need
 >and angle drive for the speedometer cable. Would anyone have an extra one
 >they are willing to sell or trade?

I ran mine for several years without an angle drive.  You have to reroute
the cable to get enough slack to connect it directly.  I don't have an
extra, but they commonly appear on ebay.  I believe the ones for MGB's are
the same, but watch out for angle drives that have internal gearing that
would change the speedometer reading.
--
Ted Stevens     trstevens@earthlink.net
'74 TR6 Gaithersburg, MD