GT6 OD - solved

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6 OD - solved
From: David Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 18:32:52 -0400
First off, thanks to all for the help I have been given in figuring out this
little inconvienence.  Here is what happened, I tested the relay according
to the manual and I thought all of the points had power to them and checked
the relay. Still no activation, hmm so I shorted the two terminals to
activate the relay, "click". So I start thinking to myself, "self" :-).  I
must have missed something, I sit back for an hour and did something else,
then came back and realized that the problem was somewhere else.  I had also
checked the gear-shift switch and it had power.

My next step was to remove the tranny cover and check the wiring on the
gearbox.  As I went to pull the carpet off the cover I noticed that one of
the connectors is no longer attached. Hmmm, again, "self", could this be the
problem? A simple disconnection of a wire?  Plugging it back in, and check
the circuit, activation!!!

Take it for a run and the OD is back and working. Yaaa!!!! As I went to put
things back together my 5 year old says "Dad, your lights are on". I try and
turn the light switch off and nothing. I now remove the centre dash panel to
find the light switch had in fact broken into many pieces. After putting the
spare from the parts car all went back together and now I have a complete
car again :-)

The adventure continues....

Again thanks as always
David A. Templeton