RE: totally confused (TR3)

To: "'Nancy and Bob Wise'" <wises@new.rr.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: totally confused (TR3)
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 16:47:13 -0400
Bob,

Did you measure 12V coming out of the switch with the wire going to the
light disconnected? If so, what does it measure with the lights connected
and the pedal pressed? Have you tried connecting together the two wires that
go to the switch? If that turns the lights on, I'd guess that the switch is
bad. If the switch contacts are bad (have a high resistance) it will limit
the current to the brake lights.

Sometimes you can give a switch a good spray of WD 40 to fix something like
this.

- Hugh