RE: Eezi-bleed / DOT 5

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Eezi-bleed / DOT 5
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 08:50:02 -0700
> Anyone care to comment on this. I am about to embark on bleeding out
> my twin master cylinder after finally getting all the pipes "fluid
> tight". On past list history it seemed that Gunson's Eezi-bleed was
> the favoured method, so to arm myself with as much data as possible I
> surfed for advice, I came accross this worrying observation by one
> expert: "I don't recommend using it (Eezibleed) with DOT 5 brake
> silicone fluid. DOT 5 is easily aerated, and the 20psi pressure of
> Eezibleed will exacerbate the problem". Would really like to hear
> owners experience here, should I abandon the spare tyre and start
> pumping pedals?

John, I haven't tried an Eezibleed, but I can't see this as being a problem.
DOT 5 does have a disadvantage in that air bubbles don't separate out quite
as quick as they do from DOT 3/4, but the solution is to simply let it
'breathe' a bit after adding to the MC.

Mis-information about DOT 5 abounds, much of it comes from so-called
experts.  Sorta reminds me of the movie "Reefer Madness" <g>

Randall