Re: Rear end vibration

To: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear end vibration
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 08:15:34 -0400
On 24 Aug 2002 at 6:11, Douglas Frank wrote:
> As I gain confidence in the GT6 I've been taking it on longer trips, and
> finally got it up to highway speed this week.  I discovered a rather
> violent vibration sets in strongly at 60 MPH

My GT6 has what I would describe more as a buzzing feel through the
seats.  I attribute it to worn splines on the driveshaft, but I'm
really just guessing.  It's definitely not a wheel imbalance.  At
wheel speeds, it might be a bad rotoflex joint, no?  I've got some
used ones if you need one.

Congrats on getting it running again!
--
Jim Muller