My TR6 is haunted!

To: Joe Merone <jmerone@rocketmail.com>
Subject: My TR6 is haunted!
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 19:59:30 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Joe Merone
>My TR6 has suddenly developed a very nasty habit of making a snapping -
popping sound whenever any load is put on it.  Not a creak, or the dreaded
clunk but a loud noise very similar to the one that checkstrap makes when
you open the door fully.

It's on the right side of the car and coming directly from the area where
the outside arm of the trailing arm meets the frame and right under the
body.  Pull up on the wheel well - POP.  Push down on the fender - SNAP.
Sitting still or under way - it doesn't matter.  I've checked around for
something very bad looking, tightened everything I could, lubed others -
with no success.
<

Joe, you should inspect the frame for fatigue cracks.  Do this soon.  Real
soon.

Sorry

Dave