Re: My TR6 is haunted!

To: jmerone@rocketmail.com
Subject: Re: My TR6 is haunted!
From: "Philip E.E Bacon" <pboldtrix@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 20:37:42 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Look to your differential mounts...both front and rear.  Just had my 72
TR6 break both rear mounts (the fronts had been welded previously by PO.
 This happened when pulling away from a stop sign...the metal portion of
the rubber bushing mount completely parted, due I think to the mount pins
flexing from broken welds and constant torque from the diff.  I'd been
getting some strange snapping/popping noises prior...shoulda checked
sooner.   Look carefully (or feel) where the top of the pin is welded to
the frame.  This is not easily seen, so feel around.   Phil Bacon, 72 TR6