My TR6 is haunted!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: My TR6 is haunted!
From: Joe Merone <jmerone@rocketmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 10:54:22 -0700 (PDT)
No, the subject line is not the title of a new teenage slasher movie but a real
life drama being played out on the road - with me as the star.

My TR6 has suddenly developed a very nasty habit of making a snapping - popping
sound whenever any load is put on it.  Not a creak, or the dreaded clunk but a
loud noise very similar to the one that checkstrap makes when you open the door
fully.

It's on the right side of the car and coming directly from the area where the
outside arm of the trailing arm meets the frame and right under the body.  Pull
up on the wheel well - POP.  Push down on the fender - SNAP.  Sitting still or
under way - it doesn't matter.  I've checked around for something very bad
looking, tightened everything I could, lubed others - with no success.

Any ideas anyone?

Joe Merone
South Burlington, VT
CF18928