Re: TR250 Electrical problems solved

To: cbfoch@earthlink.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR250 Electrical problems solved
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 13:50:24 EDT
Cc: 6pack@autox.team.net
Craig,
Yes, I checked the voltage at the starter wire Monday and I was getting 9+
volts which I thought at the time was enough.  Now I know you need 10.  The
250 is firing up like she never has before.  All I had to do was cut back the
rubber and clean up the green mess from the first 3/4" of wire at the
terminal end.  This probably explains why she was always a slow cranker with
the motor hot.  Since I never had any Auto schooling I tend to blunder thru
problems till I ask for help.  I am always thinking of the worst case too
like the 250 had too much Bond in her body to give good ground. HA.
Thanks,
Darrell