What is the caulking that was on my gearbox cover?

To: <m.d.mackay@sympatico.ca>
Subject: What is the caulking that was on my gearbox cover?
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@qnet.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 06:35:04 -0700
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hey Dave,
     I recently caulked my TR3 transmission hump with a 3M product that I
bought at a local paint store that speacializes in 3M products. It is called
3M Strip-Caulk, part no. 051135-08578 (black). It comes in a flat box with
60 one foot lengths of the stuff.
     It is good stuff. Doesn't harden. Mushes (is that a real word?) easily
and seems to grip well. Not very expensive. You can push it into cracks with
your fingers if you want.
     I still have a box with 28 feet in it sitting on my shelf so if you
can't find it locally let me know and we can work something out.

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA
     1960 TR3A TS72747LO