TR250 Electrical Problems

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR250 Electrical Problems
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 21:20:21 EDT
Hi Guys,
Boy I am stumped Big Time!  I hate to admit it but the TR 250 ain't driving
because it will not turn her starter motor. I had her locked up for about 4
months and I guess she is really mad at me.  I pushed her to get running to
bring her home and she ran OK making me think that I could easily sort out
the starting problems.

Once home I did all the regular stuff like going thru all the connections two
and three times but no improvement or progress with that.  I have replaced
the solenoid (twice), starter, ignition switch, battery and cables without
much luck.  When you turn the key the solenoid just clicks rapidly and
refuses to turn the starter motor which turns fine if jumped to the battery
directly. I have been at it for three evenings now and I say UNCLE!  Does
anyone know what weird problem is going on here?  I was going to take her to
the 6-PACK Trials but if she doesn't start responding I am going to lock her
up again.

Darrell