Re: TR250 Electrical Problems

To: ryoung@navcomtech.com
Subject: Re: TR250 Electrical Problems
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 23:15:47 EDT
Cc: 6pack@autox.team.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 8/20/02 10:44:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ryoung@navcomtech.com writes:

> That's a "drop dead" clue ... you have a bad connection at the positive
> battery terminal.  Take the clamp off, clean both surfaces until they are
> bright, spread the clamp until it will go fully over the post. (Never beat
> on the clamp, it's far too easy to break the conductor inside the battery,
> which can also cause similar symptoms and problems.)  Now tighten the clamp
> until it's nice and snug.  If the terminal still gets hot, the bad
> connection is either inside the battery, or between the clamp and cable.
>
> Randall

Randall,
Thank you very much.  I just put an old Spitfire cable on and the 250 came to
life.  It's weird because it appears to be the cable that was bad and not the
connections that I have been shinning up for 3 days.  I can see a bunch of
green stuff under the rubber when I peeled it back.  Now the 250 can have
this Spitfire cable on for a few days but it will need to be replaced with a
proper one.  Anyone have a NOS TR250 positive cable lying around?

Thanks again,
Darrell