RE: Dirty water / Clean water

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Dirty water / Clean water
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 15:22:06 -0700
> I've reverse flushed the
> radiator with a high pressure hose and done the same through the
> engine in both directions with the block tap open and closed. The
> volume of water coming out seems to equate with what's going in and
> I've stripped out the water pump and 'stat to see if there were any
> blockages there but all seems OK. All very curious.

John, do you mean that when you flushed with the tap open, the water flowed
freely through the tap ?  I've seen the area around the tap (inside the
block) become so full of crud that little or not water would come out of the
tap, even though the rest of the system appeared clear.  It seems that, with
that being the area where the water flows the slowest, it's also where rust
flakes are most likely to fall out and collect.

Randall