Re: Hot running Spit no more!!! (Long - again)

To: Stephane St-Amant <steph71tr6@crosswinds.net>
Subject: Re: Hot running Spit no more!!! (Long - again)
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 18:40:36 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Stephane St-Amant
>Anyway, tapped on the gauge a few time (always worked with
the tach) but it didn't work.  That OK, not as important as
the temp gauge... What?!? temp almost all the way up
again... in just a few seconds!  Hmmm, remembered what Mr
Massey said about the volt stab.  Looked at the gas gauge
and it's all the way up too even though I know that it
should be just over 3/4 mark.  Hmmmm  Tapped again on the
speedometer.  Gas and Temp gauges settles back to where
they should be.  Pheeww!  Guess I'll have to spend some
time under the dash soon!
<

Steph, my guess is the case on the stabilizer does not have a
reliable ground.  I don't know where it is mounted on the spit
but take it loose and check for corrosion.  It's all galvanized
and could probably use a little cleaning.  Heck, event he act
of taking it off and putting it back on might resolve the problem.

Enjoy the beer.

Bon chance

Dave