stuck heater valve TR6

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: stuck heater valve TR6
From: HDRIDER570@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 19:37:12 EDT
I had a similar proplem with a newer valve.  It turned out to be deposits
that had accumulated on the sealing surface of the valve.  You can open the
valve by drilling out the pop rivit on the permiteter and turning the top
section slightly.  There is a rubber diaphram and a knob on the inside.  the
rubber selas the unit off and the knob controls the water flow in the open
positions.  I cleaned out the deposits and it worked fine.  I had let the car
sit for a couple of months without starting and as it does not have an
overflow bottle the valve sits above the "high tide" mark so to speak.

Edward Hamer
Petaluma CA.