Re: filters

To: Popnglo@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: filters
From: RayAntoky@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 23:16:22 EDT
In a message dated 8/3/2002 6:42:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Popnglo writes:

> In a message dated 08/01/2002 6:01:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> RayAntoky@aol.com writes:
>

> >> I followed Fred's instructions about removing the
>> ball/spring relief valve to soak in spirits to remove any possible
>> deposits.
>> Upon removing the ball with the telescoping magnet device a piece of metal
>>
>> chip about five-eighths by one quarter inch came up with it.
>
> Ray,
> How's Brooklyn in the heat recently? Can you forward Fred's instructions, I
> seemed to miss these. Also, I caught the P?N for the NAPA/Wix, but didn't
> see the P/N forthe Puralator. Was it posted, do you have it?
> Ed (58 TR3A)

Verbal instructions from Fred were to loosen the hex nut on the o/p valve,
turn the screw out while counting the turns. If you had it all the way down
and had low OP you won't need to keep the setting.The next step was to use a
telescoping magnet to fish out the ball and other metal debris if any. Best
to not keep the spring compressed too much initially and adjust from there.
Soak the spring and ball in spirits for 20 minutes. Replace and push ball
down with a long stick, you can reverse the magnet, and if you had any debris
come up your OP should be higher already.
The filters that fit are as follows:
>  Motorcraft FL-400A ,
 AC X21+,
Purolator PER195,
 Purolator PurONE   PL 20195
WIX 51516 same as NAPA GOLD 1516
> >> Mobil-1  M1-209
AC Delco Ultraguard Gold    UPFL-400A (same as Mobil-1),

Ray Antoky
59 TR3A