Re: filters

To: vafred@erols.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: filters
From: RayAntoky@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 17:58:02 EDT
FWIW:

I too had the low oil pressure symptom as Fred described. I could not wait to
switch my Fram to the Wix. I followed Fred's instructions about removing the
ball/spring relief valve to soak in spirits to remove any possible deposits.
Upon removing the ball with the telescoping magnet device a piece of metal
chip about five-eighths by one quarter inch came up with it. After replacing
the ball and spring and tightening down I took the buggy for a spin. At cold
start it the O/P was over 100. At hot idle between 45-50, and at speed at
2500 3000 RPM it was in the 90 range. I probably should lessen the tension on
the spring now. But my negative symptoms have disappeared and my readings are
all with the Fram el cheapo extra guard. The WIX is still waiting in the
wings for installation.

Ray
59 TR3A