filters

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: filters
From: Dale M Osterndorf <osternd@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 09:58:32 -0400
Several years ago when I was racing motorcycles, Fram was not well looked
upon and almost banned from being used for racing.  Apparently there were
problems with workmanship at their Mexico manufacturing facilities which
resulted in weak and/or crossed mounting threads.  Filters made in Canada
did not have this problem.  The filters would blow off the motors dumping
oil on the track and, well, you can guess the rest.  It's bad enough
hitting oil with a race car, but with only two wheels things get hairy
very quickly.  There were a number of injuries attributed to the filters
and I believe a couple of deaths.  I have never heard of any problems
like that with cars though.

$.02

Dale Osterndorf
'76 TR6