Re: Stuck in the garage

To: "M. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Stuck in the garage
From: The Juice of One Lemon <sdaniels@gorge.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2002 12:51:27 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Sat, 03 Aug 2002 15:10:27 -0400, "M. Secrest"
<msecrest@erols.com> wrote:

>Juice:
>
>Let's start with the basics.  What kind of car do you have?

1973 TR6.

>I'm thinking it's a TR6, and if so, your brake fluid is draining into your
>brake
>booster.  You need a rebuilt M/C, and you'll need to take off the booster and
>shake the fluif out of it.  (This will take longer than you think.)

Days?

I looked at the price of a rebuilt MC, and then I looked at the
price of a MC rebuild kit.  I was a Gunner's Mate in the Navy,
and learned about hydraulics there.  I'm pretty sure I can
rebuild the MC.

>You're probably losing gasoline out of the bottom o-ring in the carburetor.

Is rebuilding the carbs fairly straightforward, or is it an
exercise in frustration?  I guess I could just replace the O
rings and leave the rest alone, but after 29 years of service,
shouldn't they be in line for a rebuild?