Re:

To: "David Dressel" <daviddressel@hotmail.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2002 14:36:38 -0500
>I believe that the
>starter is new.  There is only one lead to the starter (from the solenoid,
>of course) so I assume that it is internally grounded.  I've done the
>obvious stuff like check the grounds to the chassis and the engine block to
>make sure that I have metal to metal (I converted to negative ground), but
>still can't make the starter budge.
>
>anyone have ideas about the starter?

You can check to see if it is the starter or the solenoid. Take a jumper
cable, connect it to the hot battery post (if your car is still positive
ground, connect it to the negative post) and touch it to the post on the
starter. If the starter turns over, it is probably okay. If it doesn't,
then the problem is in the starter.

Make sure you have it out of gear, and / or you don't have your toes in
front of a wheel, and / or there is no garage wall in front of the car........