RPM Question TR250 or TR6

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RPM Question TR250 or TR6
From: "Arakelian, Peter" <arakelianp@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 16:35:24 -0700
<Right now its about 3300 at 65...that seems pretty
high to me...or could these be because the motor is so new it's not broken
in
yet?!?!? >

Beg to differ with Andy.  My '71 TR6 no overdrive turns 3200 at 70mph.  And
by the way the age of the motor has no bearing on rpm to mph.

<Like can I go for periods of time on the highway at 4000 or 4500 RPM
and not worry that I'm straining the motor? >

Yes you should be able to push the engine.  But I think you need to get
calibrated first.  Your speedo may not be reading correctly.  It can be sent
to a speedo shop for calibration.  The reading can change with the size of
your tires.  Around here the police put up speed warning radar units that
read your speed as you approach and display it as a warning against the
speed limit.  I have found them very useful in estimating the accuracy of my
speedo.

Peter Arakelian - '71 TR6 Daily driver
Domestic Buyer
Moss Motors, Ltd.