RPM Question TR250 or TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RPM Question TR250 or TR6
From: Divits@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 13:40:44 EDT
I have 2 quick questions. I recently had the motor on my TR250 rebuilt (about
300 miles ago). The first question is when going down the highway at 65mph
what should my RPM be? Right now its about 3300 at 65...that seems pretty
high to me...or could these be because the motor is so new it's not broken in
yet?!?!?

The second question is when cruising at 65mph at 3300 RPM I still have a lot
of gas pedal to push down on...now if the red line warning is at 5000 RPM and
the flat red line is at 5500 RPM how hard or high can you safely push these
motors?  Like can I go for periods of time on the highway at 4000 or 4500 RPM
and not worry that I'm straining the motor?

Thank you in advance for any help or knowledge you can share with me!!!

John
1968 TR 250
CD4092L