RE: TR3a Bouncing ammeter

To: "'Randall Young'" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>, "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3a Bouncing ammeter
From: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 15:10:24 -0400
> BTW, even sitting idling in 90F+ weather, my electric fan
> will pull the
> engine temperature down to where the fan should shut off (if I had a
> thermostatic control) in just a minute or two.  I strongly recommend a
> thermostatic control as the primary means of operation, ...

okay, then I am currently checking on a different temp range thermostatic
control.  The current on comes on a 185degF and off at 175degF.  I am seeing
of one that comes on at either 190 or 195degF

I also think it may be time to change the coolant as it has turned a shade
of rust (oxidation) from inside the block.  Please remember that the engine
was not use in at least a year, so I expected this.

David A. Templeton
'59 TR3a - 9TS54226L ( "9" denotes the CDN import on year of mfr )
'74 Spitfire - FM10491L