RE: Lucas supply

To: "'triumphs@Autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Lucas supply
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 09:25:08 -0700 c om>
> Being from the Bronx, myself, I thought I'd give you a back at ya,
> especially since someone got it wrong about where Lucas comes
> from.  TRW USA
> does not supply Lucas product.

Peter, as I tried to say, TRW is a large multi-national corporation with
their main headquarters in the USA.  The headquarters for TRW Automotive are
in Livonia, Michigan, USA, (OK, I was wrong about it being in El Segundo)
but they have facilities all over the world.  But don't take my word for it,
check out their web site at
http://www.trw.com/trwbusinesses/main/0,,38_1612_1659^3^1659^1659,00.html

>  Lucas product comes via England
> through TRW
> there.

If that's true, then your employer is guilty of selling imported products
without the country of origin clearly marked, a Federal crime in the US
AFAIK.  I have in my hands a Stag brake hose, recently purchased from Moss
US (at a substantial premium over UK prices, like 100%) and still in it's
original wrapper.  It says "Lucas, Original equipment, global service, part
of TRW Automotive" in 16 languages; but there is no indication of where it
was made either on the package or on the hose itself.  The hose itself is
marked 'Lucas' and 'SAE J1401' (along with other things like 'DOT', 'CEE').

No flame, just stating the facts as I see them.

Randall