RE: TR3A suspension mystery noise

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A suspension mystery noise
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 07:38:00 -0700
mandrews53@earthlink.net writes:

> > (springs out)I noticed that I could shake the lower A arm.When it was
> > together there was no clue to looseness. I removed the lower
> inside nylon
> > bushings ( they even looked new-installed by the DPPO) and
> ordered a new
> > set
> > from Moss--the new ones were EXACT duplicates of the ones I removed--the
> > inside diameter was off by quite a bit-over a sixteeth of an inch.

Mike, the TR2 (and very early TR3) originally had rubber here instead of
nylon.  Did your DPPO also add the steel sleeve that goes with the nylon ?
If so, did you try replacing it ?  And was the looseness between the nylon
and the sleeve, or between the sleeve and the pin ?

RayAntoky@aol.com wrote :

> Ok how do I find British Frame and Engine?

Ken Gillanders
British Frame and Engine
4831 N. Ryland Ave
Temple City, CA 91780
626-443-0939
BFEKENG@aol.com

However, Ken's probably in Ohio by now, you likely won't get any response
until late next week.

> In case
> I get to that point I'll need 'em in hand just in case.

Note that, at least in my case, the Nylatron ones had to be reamed to fit
after installation.  I'm not sure a fixed reamer would work, I was lucky
enough to find an adjustable one at the local surplus house.

Randall Young
59 TR3A TS39781LO daily driver (currently sidelined for OD transplant)
63 Sports 6 HB7826LCV rustoration project
71 Stag LE1473L daily driver (Real Soon Now)