First 10 miles clocked and simple operation questions.

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: First 10 miles clocked and simple operation questions.
From: David Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 20:40:30 -0400
Evening all,

As I said earlier, the '3 has been taken out legally for the first time and
now has her first 10 miles on her.

During this run, with only a driver seat in, no carpeting, I am listening
and hearing all the whines, pops, shudders etc.  Of course, getting paranoid
about everything, (I am the only person on the road of course).  Does the
first gear supposed to whine a little like the reverse?

During this short trip, the oil pressure touched 100psi, I right away
pressed the clutch and let the revs drop the pressure dropped.

Got home let her cool (indicated by the electric fan stopping), and the
lookind at the engine bay. I see engine oil on the steering column, fuel tap
and looks like it's coming from around the bolt of the dizzy on the coil
side. I need to pop the dizzy of and check the seal yes?

Also, during this adventure, when I accelerated the engine seemed to bog, I
would let off a little and she would let up. Am I flooding? Too rich? Simple
adjustment?

Thanks and the adventure continues...

David A. Templeton
'59 TR3a