RE: First 10 miles clocked and simple operation questions.

To: "David Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: First 10 miles clocked and simple operation questions.
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 20:39:47 -0700 om>
> Pressure relief valve, wher and what?  What should be the "crank down"
> factor?

The oil pressure relief valve is in the oil filter head, it's the big
headless screw sticking out with the slotted top and a locknut.  Don't
recall ever seeing an 'official' procedure to set it, but it's supposed to
open around 70-80 psi.  I would probably note it's current position, then
loosen the lock nut, loosen the screw by exactly one turn, tighten the
locknut, and try again.  If your peak oil pressure has dropped, the relief
valve is the culprit.

> Oil, 10W30 completely fresh and not even dirty yet on the dipstick.

Should be fine, assuming you aren't in the arctic.

> As for dizzy bolt not being a likely leak point, where should I
> be looking?

I don't know offhand, anywhere that could spray/drip/blow onto the dizzy I
guess.

> As for the dashpot oil, the gentleman that set them upused "SU
> dashpot oil".

If you remove and reinstall the dampers, do you feel a resistance as you
lower them into place ?  If not, the dashpot oil may have gotten spilled out
somewhere along the line.

Randall