RE: First 10 miles clocked and simple operation questions.

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: First 10 miles clocked and simple operation questions.
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 16:05:51 -0700 om>
> Oil leak solved!  I forgot to put a bolt in to hold the coil, the one
> between the coil and the dizzy. Started herup and out it came from that
> hole. I was chatting with "FT" earlier today and he was saying thatoil
> shouldn't be coming from there!?!?! Put in a bolt in, started her
> again and
> no more leak. Opinions on this?

Fred's just forgotten, those bolt holes go through the block into the
pushrod area.  With one of them out, you'll definitely get lots of oil spray
when the engine is running.  The same thing is true of the bolts that hold
the generator bracket to the block, which is why many racers safety wire
them in.

Randall