RE: 74 TR6 Fuel Pump

To: "'Philip E.E Bacon'" <pboldtrix@juno.com>, <Volare340@aol.com>
Subject: RE: 74 TR6 Fuel Pump
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@directvinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 15:53:51 -0400
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Phil,
The fuel pump fits over a hole in the block adjacent to the cam, on
which the fuel pump lever rides and a lot of oil (hopefully) is slung
around in this area. While no oil should come from the pump itself, oil
can easily leak from the gasket between the block and fuel pump. This is
a "common" area for oil leaks, although it may not be Tom's problem.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO
CF37325U

I'm not mechanical, but I would not expect oil to be leaking from the
fuel pump.  Does your 74 have a spin on oil filter adapter? (Located in
the same vicinity as the fuel pump)  Extra O rings left in the adapter
when changing the oil filter will cause a sizeable oil leak....I'd
suspect the oil filter rather than the fuel pump.  Phil Bacon  72 TR6