re: Sudden gas gauge failure?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Sudden gas gauge failure?
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 22:17:19 EDT
Noah,
I think gas 'senders' usually are sporatic or scratchy before they die ie;
might see needle spasms at the gauge. So if it just up and died instantly
maybe it's something else?
The gas sender inserts into top of gas tank.. barely accessible behind
luggage trunk cardboard backing - probably even more tough to get at from the
rear seat panel area. Someone just talked about using a side-winder screw
driver to finagle it out from the trunk side - probably worth a try before
removing tank!
But hopefully it's just a bad wiring connection.
Carl
'63 TR4
--
THis morning my gas gauge suddenly started to read zero- it had been working
nicely up to this point...at superficial inspection in the office parking lot,