Fwd: TR4A: fitting rear valence

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: TR4A: fitting rear valence
From: Cliff Hansen <hansenc@zianet.com>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 20:15:26 -0600
Just a note to let the list know how disatisfied I am with the replacement
rear valence.  Its very badly formed and will require significant
alterations to get it close to the original shape.  A guy at a professional
shop just shook his head, said he'd have to cut the panel and weld in new
metal to get it close to right.  This is the panel manufactured by  BMHIT
and sold through vendors.  If you can repair your valence, you'll be much
better off.  I decided that the rust holes were too numerous to repair, now
I regret that choice.  The replacement floors and sills I have put in have
fit fairly well (the sills needed just a little hammering around the A-post
area.)  I thought since there was a replacement valence available that I
wouldn't get into serious trouble replacing it.

Jokes on me, I guess.

Cliff Hansen
hansenc@flash.net
1966 TR-4A CTC 64615L (new sills and floors, no rear valence)