Re: TR3 10" Brake Shoes

To: "Dave Easton" <eastonfamily@earthlink.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 10" Brake Shoes
From: "Dixie" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 20:33:50 +0100
Being the wrong side of fifty I remember when it was unusual to buy boxed
brake shoes. All shoes were relined in about half an hour while you waited
(they did use rivets in those days), something like a heel bar. Then with so
called progress exchange shoes became the norm with heavy core charges. Now
in our throw away society outright sale. So I do not think there is anything
wrong with a reline as long as they know what they are doing.

Take the $40 option or take a look on eBay you may be lucky.
$200 for a set of exchange shoes.. humbug!

Adrian
TR4A CT64306 O ( 9" brakes that cost about 5 to 10 pounds to replace at
autojumbles, same fitment on lots of British cars and light vans)