Re: show judging

To: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: show judging
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 10:51:47 -0700
Cc: Fred Thomas <vafred@erols.com>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Dave Massey wrote:

> Message text written by "Fred Thomas"
> >it is the most unusual at that show, after all how many Glorias
> are there anyway, if an award is to be given it should be either named for
> someone such as the "Presidents Award" etc, because you have a very
> unusual/rare car should not be called "best of Show", just my .0002  "FT"
> <
>
> How about "Judge's Favourite?"
>
> Dave

Interesting that you mention this, Dave.  Last year at the 10th British Car
Days celebration in Mesilla, NM.  My little red Spit was chosen Best
Triumph and I was duly proud since there were examples of TR3, TR4, TR6 and
TR7's there.  But what really floored me is that it was also given the
"President's Award" for the vehicle that best exemplifies the spirit of British
Motoring!
Who says people aren't paying attention to the lowly Spitfire?  And this from a
club made up mostly of MG owners, Go FIgure!

Joe