Car Shows...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Car Shows...
From: Bill Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 11:26:13 -0700
As we prepare for the Dixon meet I thought I would share a few of the
ideas we (United British Sports Car Club) have put into place.

To prevent winner domination we created a "Winners Circle" class, all
the class winners from the previous year are in this class, they have
their own place on the field, get a really nice certificate telling
the world that they were previous winners and are eligible for prizes
within this class.

There are no judges.

It is a participants award show/meet so it only matters if the other
cars like your car...how you make them like it is up to you. I
personally favor bribes, but that is a subjective view <G>

We charge everyone the same, no discrimination here, but...this is
the MAJOR fund raiser for our club, most of this money goes to
support our "Teddy-Bear" run where we buy a whole bunch of stuff, and
teddybears for the Sacramento Childrens' Shelter. We convoy there,
pass out the stuff, let the kids sit in our cars (they love to blow
horns and row gear shift knobs) so we think it is worthwhile.

We have just now covered the expenses of the Show/Meet...fee for the
grounds, fee for insurance, fee for dash plaques, fee for trophy
plaques, fee for T-shirts and are hoping that last minute
registration, and those who just show up and register will give us a
tidy profit. BTW we are willing to accept donations to the Teddy-Bear
fund if you are feeling generous...<G>

Frankly I am looking forward to just being there, and meeting folks,
swapping lies, and technical stuff like which is the best fluif for
dash pots...you know important stuff. Oh...did I mention there is
also a swap meet??  Yeah...we charge for that too, for the space, not
the swapping.
--
Bill Pugh
1957 TR-3