Car shows

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Car shows
From: "Dennis N Culligan" <dncullig@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 12:13:45 -0400 |March 28, 2002) at 05/09/2002 12:13:47 PM
>don't charge $25 for the privilage.

   Then how do you propose the host club pay for trophies, insurance,
advertising, DJs, etc, etc.?  There ARE costs associated with any car
event and to expect the host club to just soak them up doesn't make
(economic) sense.

    As to the concept of having a "Driver" class - I've seen it done at
some shows.  Unfortunately, how does one discern a "driver" from
every other car?  Often, the "driver" class is full of cars whose owners
know they can't win in their respective classes so they put them in the
"driver" class.  Not fair to the daily drivers for sure, but unavoidable.
(I've seen cars entered in, let's say, the TR6 class - when a better
looking TR6 shows up, they move to the "Driver's" class...)

Dennis Culligan / 1976 TR6 CF57948U - TR6IUMPH