Re: Some TR3 questions ( plug wires )

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Some TR3 questions ( plug wires )
From: Doug Hamilton <douglasehamilton@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 08:37:50 -0600
I just installed a set of MSD Helicore wires on the Fiat this was a universal 4
cylinder set so one end had to be terminated. I think Randals advice regarding
carbon wires would probably apply to most of the helicore wires as well. The
set I have has some sort of fibre core wrapped with a very fine stainless wire
and then coated with carbon. The stainless wire is a smaller gauge than the
individual strands in a typical automotive wire so I doubt it would hold up all
that well with the screw type dizzy cap on a TR but if you want to use some of
the super conductor wires you can always use a MGB dizzy cap with push in
terminals. The reason I bought the MSD wires for the Fiat was because after
going to a couple of shops and not finding a good solid core wire set, the MSD
set was the only brand that came with a crimping tool in the kit and a good one
at that to install the dizzy end terminals.

Doug Hamilton
1960 Triumph TR3A
1963 Fiat Cabriolet