Re: TR4 gas smell

To: "Bob Savar" <bsavar@wwwcomm.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 gas smell
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 22:30:14 -0500
>I have a '62 TR4 - I purchased it around the first of the year and have
>had quite a bit of work done on it.  One problem persists, though, that
>my mechanic cannot seem to fix.  It smells of gas.  I have put a new
>fuel pump in it, and we just can't seem to locate the problem.

I am beginning to think of the time-honored mechanic response to such
questions:

"They do that."

If you can tell me how to make it go away, I'd be thrilled.  I don't care,
myself, but my wife HATES the smell of gasoline and is far more sensitive to
it than I.

I had one obvious problem with the gasket on the gas-gauge sender.  With an
offset screwdriver, I had little problem putting in the rubber seal that
Vicky Brit sells.  Takes patience.  Don't drop a screw into the tank...

Phil Ethier  West Side   Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
pethier@isd.net   http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org