RE: TR3a windshield Dzus screws

To: "'Randall Young'" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3a windshield Dzus screws
From: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 10:12:12 -0400
> Mine measure between 7/8" and 15/16".  But your terminology
> has me worried.
> 59 was the crossover year from Dzus buttons, to threaded (not
> Dzus) screws.
> Are you sure your body isn't setup for the screws instead of
> the buttons ?

Hi Randall,

Please excuse the terminology issues.  The dzus fasteners I have are the
ones that you push in and do a 30deg turn to lock on the wire.  Very much
like the bonnet except they are slotted not keyed.

This morning I took off the mounting plate off the car and checked the depth
of the dzus fastener depth.  It appears the wire is about 1/8" too deep for
the fastener to attach without mangling.  There is about a 3/16" gap between
the plate and the wire would it be reasonable to press the wire closer?  If
so, what should the gap be?

Thanks for the help so far.
David