TR3/4 starters...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3/4 starters...
From: BHardySmith@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 10:02:48 EDT
Here's one for the collective,

I have a TR3 that orginally had the "bullnose" starter.  Before I bought it I
think the engine was changed to one that used the later (ie long nose)
starter.  the trans case was "modified" to used the longer starter (ie a hole
cut in it)  I had the starter rebuilt (long nose) rebuilt.  When I went to
bolt it up, I could not get it to "mate".  Is there an adaptor plate or
something for this starter?  Should I throw up my hands and quit.  Does
anybody have any experiance with the "modern starters on the market for these
cars?  Are they worth the very high price?

Thanks,

Brian Smith
Bogalusa, LA