Re: Mutual admiration

To: Graham Stretch <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Subject: Re: Mutual admiration
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 18:19:23 -0600
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Graham Stretch wrote:

> Hi Mike
> I think I see a flaw in your plan, you could use a bowser full of petrol
> driving round to find enough #.S.D. to pay for a tank full!
> I do like the plan as it would work well for me on my cars, all post
> decimalisation!
>
> Graham.
>
> Personally, I reckon that petrol prices should be fixed for the life of
> the car at the prevailing rate on the day it was first registered. That
> would be about 53p a gallon for the Spit, and, what, four-and-six for
> the Herald?

The latter is an interesting concept, in the U.S., at least. A 1956 TR3,
registered in west Texas, in the middle of a gas war, would have enjoyed
high octane gas forever for 9.9 cents a gallon.... <smile>

Cheers.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM (yes, _that_ Roswell)

The gulf between content and substance continues to widen....