TR3 emerg brake cable length

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 emerg brake cable length
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 21:25:38 -0400
Installed a new cable - the one that runs from the handle to the rear axle
- the other day. The rear section, with the outer cable and grease fitting,
seems far longer than necessary. Now my memory is far shorter than
necessary, so, is this normal? It seems like an extra long curve in the
cable just waiting to invite grit, and be stiffer than needed.
It's installed now, at the back at least, and seems like it might work OK
but I thought I'd ask in case I had been sent one from some other vehicle
by mistake.
Thanks,
Jim