RE: TR3 emerg brake cable length

To: "David Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>, <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 emerg brake cable length
From: "Dave Brackin" <dbrackin@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 08:36:35 -0400 o m>
David,
On my '57 TR3 there is a little sheet metal tab no more than 1/2" long
attached to the lower/inner edge of the floor/tunnel juncture (passenger
side)  4-1/2" from the rear end of the tunnel (just where the tunnel starts
to flare slightly to give clearance for the nose of the diff). IF you have
had the body off the tab might be bent flat against the floor or completely
gone.  If you feel along the vertical side of the floor/tunnel join you
should find the remains spot welded to the surface.  Then again if you have
undercoat or seam sealer all bets are off.

No big deal to make another just fab a flat tab with a hole just large
enough to slip the spring hook into and install with attachment of choice.

Dave Brackin