Re: Jackstands & safety

Subject: Re: Jackstands & safety
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 09:40:38 -0700
Cc: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
James :

I have, but it was a full-size Chevy, not my TR, and was at least
partially my own negligence.  I had apparently not gotten one of the
stands centered under the frame rail very well, and shortly after
removing the jack, the 'ear' on that stand bent, and allowed the frame
to slip off.  That left the other stand supporting the full weight of
the front end, at an angle, which caused one of the legs to fold up.

Fortunately, I wasn't under the car at the time, but it made an
impression on me!  I now refuse to use 'tubing' jack stands, and I shake
the car before I crawl under the first time.

Randall