Re: Car Ramps

To: Rick Murray <murray54@bellsouth.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car Ramps
From: Raymond Hatfield <iron_horse819@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 12:49:01 -0700 (PDT)
--- Rick Murray <murray54@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> I would like to able to put my 75 TR6 up on all four wheels at once and I
> don't particularly want to use jack stands.  I thought that your basic
> $30.00/pair Rhino ramps at Auto Zone would work but the manufacturer's
> warnings on them specifically say "do not use to put both ends of vehicle up
> at the same time".  Anybody have experience with this?  What have you used?
> I'm looking for a safe way to do this and I don't want to do anything
> stupid.  Any suggestions appreciated.
>
> Rick Murray
> Lilburn,GA

Hello Rick,

I had the same idea, and my solution was to build my own ramps.  Since I work
on several Triumphs, mine are 9ft long by 2ft high.  I am very pleased with
them, and they have sure come in handy during the restoration of my TR4A.

=====
Raymond L. Hatfield
'65 TR4A IRS, O/D, SAH Tuned "Chance"
'73 Stag 4.3L, Auto, A/C, etc "Molly"