Re: TR3 Rear Cappings/Panels

To: "Randall" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Rear Cappings/Panels
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@lightspeed.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 18:45:04 -0700
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hey Randall,
     I knew that you would respond.
     My car didn't have any panel or metal piece. I'll check my spare TR to
see if the metal piece is in the trunk or something.
     I don't think that TRF or MOSS sell replacement panels, just the
upholstery. Can I just cut a piece of plywood to fit in? It looks like it
would have to have an angle or a bend about at the top of the tank. Is that
how they came?
     You can save yourself the trouble of pictures for me. I'll be going to
Palo Alto for the show there as well as the Woodley Park show. I'll check
out the post 60,000 cars to see how it should look. I might even call Wayne
Bier at Triumphs Only to see if he has a panel around.
     Maybe someone else on the list with a post 60,000 car can tell me how
it goes.
     My rear panel from MOSS is just a padded and pleated piece of vinyl
that looks like it is supposed to be glued onto a wood panel or something.
     Thanks.

     Bill
     TS 72747LO