TR3 Rear Cappings/Panels

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Rear Cappings/Panels
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@lightspeed.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 12:25:50 -0700
     I am putting in more interior panel pieces and cappings.
     My questions are: The interior piece that fits in front of the gas
tank, does it glue to the gas tank and then get fitted (glued) over the top
of the tank? Does the fuel gauge sending unit sit exposed? Under where the
rear capping goes on there are built in clips underneath. What went there?
Am I missing a piece? When the rear capping is in place and if the panel
that fits against the tank was glued on, there would be like a 2 inch gap
below the capping. Is it supposed to be this way?
     I haven't seen this area in other Triumphs because they are usually
covered by the tonneau.
     TIA

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA